There could be instances where you might wish to focus on your work, cut off from Instagram for some time, or simply don’t wish to see messages or stories from someone. In such cases, Instagram allows you to easily mute messages, stories, or a person, and today we will discuss how it can be done. Additionally, you can learn mute Telegram chats, groups, and channels.
How to Mute Instagram Messages, Accounts, and Stories?
If you want to stop seeing someone’s content on Instagram, it can be done via muting messages, and stories from that person. Here are five ways you can mute messages, stories, or a user on Instagram.
Mute Instagram Direct Messages via Chat Details
The first way to mute somebody’s Direct Messages on Instagram, is via chat details. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the particular chat that you are wat to mute on Instagram DMs.
2. Tap the username from the top of the chat.
3. Now, under notifications, enable the toggle for Mute Messages, to stop the message notifications from that user. Additionally, you can also choose to mute calls or chat activity notifications for that particular account.
Mute Instagram Direct Messages via All Chats
Another way to directly mute a chat on your Android phone, without having to open it is from the “All chats” screen. Here’s how it can be done.
1. Go to the Chat section on your phone.
2. Tap and Hold the chat to see more options.
3. From the popup menu, tap on Mute Messages.
Mute Direct Messages via All Chats on iPhone
Instagram does offer a slightly different way to mute a chat for iPhone users. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Chat section on Instagram.
2. Now, instead of tapping and holding, you need to swipe left on the chat.
3. From the new options, you can tap on Mute.
Mute Instagram Posts or Stories from Profile Tab
If you want to stop seeing posts and stories from a specific account on Instagram in your feed, you can mute them. Here is how you can do it:
1. Go to the profile you are following and want to mute.
2. On the profile page, tap the Following button.
3. From the pop-up menu, tap on Mute.
4. Now, you can enable the toggle in front of stories and posts, accordingly.
Mute Instagram Stories From Home Page
Another way to mute Instagram stories from and a specific account is via the Home page rather than going into the Settings. Here’s how it can be done:
1. On the home page, long press the account’s profile picture under the Stories Section.
2. Now, tap mute from the pop-up menu.
In this read, we covered the ways to mute Instagram messages, posts, or stories, for the accounts you want to take a break from. If you found this guide helpful, like and share it with your friends. Check out other useful tech tips and tricks linked below, and stay tuned for more such tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.