If you recently applied for your Passport in India and are wondering why the appointment details have not yet been received on your phone? Then my friend you might have missed booking your appointment altogether. Don’t worry, as today in this guide we guide you through the process to book or schedule your online appointment for your passport verification. Additionally, you can learn about the new E-passport Service in India.
Steps to Book an Online Appointment for a Passport
If you have already applied for your passport, and have not received the appointment details? Follow the below-mentioned steps to check or successfully book your appointment when applying for a passport in India.
1. Visit the Passport Seva website on your mobile or PC browser.
2. Click on Existing User Login.
3. Now, enter your Login ID created while applying for your passport, and click Continue.
4. On the next screen enter your password and fill in the captcha from the image. Now, click Login.
5. Once logged in, click on “View Saved/Submitted Applications“.
6. On the next screen, select the bullet next to your application and switch to the Payment and Appointment tab.
7. Now, click on the Pay and Schedule Appointment option.
8. If you have not taken the appointment, then you will see this screen. Here click on Next.
9. Now, select the RPO based on state and district.
10. On the next screen, choose the RPO that suits you the best from the drop-down list. You can even choose an RPO in a different state. Click Next.
11. Now, you can either go with the earliest date automatically generated for you or pick a custom date from the menu.
12. Once you have picked a date and submitted it. An SMS confirming your booking for the passport appointment will be sent to your phone in a few minutes.
13. To confirm, you can follow the same steps to check your passport appointment details. It should appear like this.
Q: Why I haven’t received the appointment message for my Passport Application?
A: Due to the bugs in the process, the appointment is not booked while applying. You need to again book or schedule your appointment. We have mentioned the steps to successfully book an appointment for your Passport application in the article above.
Q: Can I re-schedule my Passport Appointment?
A: Yes, you can re-schedule your passport appointment, online via the Passport Seva portal.
Q: How many times can I re-schedule the appointment for the Passport Application?
A: You can re-schedule your appointment for the Passport Application up to a maximum of 3 times. After this, you won’t be able to change the appointment and need to visit the RPO on the said date.
Q: Is the Passport Office Open on Saturday and Sunday?
A: No, the Passport office remains closed every Saturday and Sunday. So you can’t get an appointment for Saturday or Sunday.
Q: What Documents do I need to carry to PSK for the Passport Application?
A: You need to carry the original documents attached while applying online, and their self-attested copy to the PSK for your Passport Application.
In this read, we discussed how you can successfully book the Appointment for your Passport application, and answered some questions about it. If you are planning a trip in coming future, you will need to add your Passport Number to your Vaccination Certificate for a smooth travel experience. I hope you found this useful; if you did, make sure to like and share it. Check out other useful tips linked below and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more such tech tips, tricks, how-to’s, and reviews.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.