Dog starts kitchen fire after accidentally switching on the stove and setting greasy food alight


Bone appetit! Moment pet dog starts kitchen fire in Kansas City home after accidentally switching on the stove and setting a greasy pan of food alight: Two pooches rescued from the blaze

  • A home in Kansas City was set on fire after a dog managed to turn on the gas stove and set a pan of greasy food alight
  • Kansas City fire department were called to tackle the blaze 
  • Video footage sees family dog pouncing on stovetop controls 
  • A pan containing remnants of greasy food set on fire after just eight minutes
  • Homeowners hope that by sharing the video others may be wary of the dangers 

A family dog started a fire at a Kansas City home that caused extensive damage and required the fire department to extinguish the blaze.

Smoke and flames were seen billowing from the home’s kitchen shortly after the dog inadvertently flipped on a stovetop burner and set a pan filled with food remnants alight. 

Neighbors called the firefighters from the Kansas City Fire Department and Southern Platte Fire Protection District to the scene.

No people were harmed in the blaze, but two dogs were found on site.

Upon investigating how the fire began, firefighters were in complete disbelief. 

A dog could be seen roaming the kitchen at a family home in in Kansas City 

The dog was attempting to eat the remnants of a meal on the stove top when it accidentally switched on the stove

The dog was attempting to eat the remnants of a meal on the stove top when it accidentally switched on the stove 

It took less than ten minutes before the entire pan was completely ablaze

It took less than ten minutes before the entire pan was completely ablaze 

Video from cameras inside the house sees one of the dogs getting up on its hind legs, stepping onto stovetop controls and seemingly switching on the gas.

It doesn’t take long before a pan containing the remains of a previous meal was then cooked, until it burst into flames.

It took less than 10 minutes before the entire pan was ablaze with the fire quickly spreading as grease sputtered from the pan.

The pan's food was well done and completely charred following the blaze

The pan’s food was well done and completely charred following the blaze

The entire stove top set alight with flames and smoke quickly filling the room

The entire stove top set alight with flames and smoke quickly filling the room 

The home was still standing but a huge amount of damage was done to the kitchen

The home was still standing but a huge amount of damage was done to the kitchen

‘From the time he did that to the time until you could actually see the grease explode in the video and the fire start ranging at that point was around eight minutes,’ Capt. Chris Alvarado said with the Southern Platte Fire Protection District to Fox4KC.

“New appliances have are being seen with touch controls that activate by the simple touch of a finger. An animals paw can also activate these types of controls. Please use built in safety’s if available on appliances when not in use and accessible by children and/or animals,’ Division Chief Chris Denney noted.

The dogs, who were the only two occupants at the time of the fire, were not injured in the blaze.

The fire department has now released the video in attempt to warn others about the danger of such household appliances and encourage that stove controls are fitted with protective shields to prevent pets and young children from turning them on accidentally. 

The damage wasn't just contained to the to the kitchen are but the lounge as well

The damage wasn’t just contained to the to the kitchen are but the lounge as well 

Firefighters managed to rescue two dogs that were resident in the home, one of whom was guilty

Firefighters managed to rescue two dogs that were resident in the home, one of whom was guilty





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.