Amazon Prime Video Youth Offer vs Mobile Edition: What Should You Pick?
Amazon’s Prime Video streaming service has now introduced a new Amazon Prime Video Youth Offer plan, which has confused the Mobile Edition users, which held the best value-for-money plan for a long time. To help you decide which is best for you, this explainer will clear up any confusion you may have between the two. Additionally, you can learn to set up Watch Party on Amazon Prime Video to stream movies with your friends
What is Amazon Prime Video Youth Offer?
The Youth Offer allows select users to experience the goodness of Amazon Prime Video service by buying their favorite streaming plans at half price. In short, Amazon is giving 50% cashback (via Amazon Pay) to eligible users in the 18-24 age category, making the platform even more affordable than ever. In that case, the effective annual price gets in line with the mobile edition, which has way too few features for its price, making Youth offer a solid steal deal. That said, let’s look at the effective pricing of various plans under this offer:
How is Prime Video Youth Offer Different from Mobile Edition?
Now, that we know the Youth Offers comes at half the price, let’s see how well it fairs with the mobile edition plan.
- To make the Prime Video platform widely accessible across different mobile devices, Amazon Prime’s Mobile Edition plan, allows the subscriber to stream content in Standard Definition using the Prime Video app only. This single-user plan is billed annually at INR 599, giving users access to a variety of content in SD quality on their smartphones.
- Conversely, the Prime Video Youth offer unlocks the regular multi-user plan (INR 749 effectively, annually) that allows users to watch content on a more number of devices with High Definition video quality for a nominal price difference.
To help you spot the differences quickly, we have created a plan benefits comparison table for the same.
Steps to Avail the Prime Video Youth Offer
Now that we have learned the features and comparison. Let’s look at the steps to avail the Amazon Prime Video Youth Offer on your Amazon Prime account.
Note: You must fall in the 18-24 age bracket to get the Youth offer on your account. Upon successful purchase, cashback will only be credited to your Amazon Pay once your uploaded documents are verified for age.
1. First, click on the Youth Offer Link to access it inside your Amazon India app (Android, iOS).
2. Next, pick your desired Prime Video plan from the list of options. You can see the amount of cashback you will receive upon successful verification with each plan.
3. Pick your preferred payment method and purchase the selected plan successfully. Here, you will pay the original amount for the picked membership plan.
4. Upon successful purchase, you need to verify your age by uploading 1 ID Proof (Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Voter ID Card/Driver’s License) and 1 Selfie.
5. Once approved, the Youth Offer cashback will be credited to your Amazon Pay Balance within 48 hours.
Q: What is Amazon Prime Youth Offer in India?
A: The Youth Offer is for users (18-24 in age) at a 50% discount on purchasing a Prime Video subscription.
Q: How to get the Amazon Prime Video Annual Membership for INR 749?
A: You can get the Youth offer within 15 days of creation to get the annual membership for an effective price of INR 749.
Q: Who can get the Amazon Prime Video Youth Offer?
A: Users in the 18-24 age group can redeem the Youth Offer.
Q: Does Youth Offer cashback credits directly to your Bank Account?
A: No, the cashback credits directly to your Amazon Pay balance post successful age verification.
Q: On how many devices can you stream using one Prime Video account?
A: You can watch three different titles simultaneously using the same Amazon account. However, you can only stream a single title to no more than 2 devices at a time.
Final Words: Prime Video Youth Offer Vs. Mobile Edition
We believe that Amazon’s Prime Video Youth Offer is a reasonable purchase for the improved services offered compared to the mobile edition. I hope you found this useful, if you did, share it with friends. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned to GadgetsToUse for more informative guides.
You might be interested in the following:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.