The YouTube app for TV lacks some features that are available in the YouTube App for mobile like changing the playback speed, adding or modifying the videos in the queue, posting a comment, etc. This is where the need to connect our phone with our TV comes in, as it allows us to control YouTube on TV using our phone or tablet. So in this article, we will share how can you use Youtube on TV from the Youtube App, on your phone. Meanwhile, you can also read, how to Control Android TV Without a Remote.
How to Use Youtube on TV Using Youtube App?
You can connect your devices to watch YouTube on your smart TV or streaming device, using multiple ways. Let’s have a look at them.
Use YouTube on TV using the Connect Feature
You can extend your YouTube TV experience by pairing it with your phone using the Connect feature. However, in order to use this feature, you must log into the same Google Account on your phone and Android TV, and both apps should be running on the latest version. Here’s how to connect them.
1. While watching YouTube on TV, go to your phone.
2. Open the YouTube app on your phone (make sure that you are signed into the same Google account as on your TV).
3. Click on Connect on the popup, that appears on your phone. If you didn’t see the popup on your phone, try closing the app and reopening it again.
4. Once done, you can use all the mobile features on your TV as well, like searching for videos, fast-forwarding them, use voice search, and using your phone as a remote.
5. In case you want to disconnect it, tap on the cast icon at the top and then select Disconnect.
Use YouTube on TV via the TV code
If you are not logged into the same Google account on your TV and phone or simply don’t want to, you can use a TV Code to link your TV with your phone. Follow the below steps to do so:
1. Launch the YouTube app on your TV.
2. Go to Settings from the profile icon at the top right.
3. Scroll down to Link with TV code and you will see a code on your screen.
4. Now, click on your profile icon in the Youtube App on your phone.
5. Select Settings from the given options.
6. Now, tap on Watch on TV.
7. Under Link with TV Code, tap Enter TV Code.
8. Now, type the code displayed on your TV screen and click Link.
Use YouTube on TV via the Cast Feature
You can also connect your TV with your phone using the Cast feature. However, unlike the above methods, to use this feature, your TV and phone must be connected to the same WiFi network. You will also need to have a Chromecast or similar service enabled. Now, follow these steps to use YouTube On TV using Youtube App on your phone:
1. Play any YouTube video on your phone, and click on the Cast icon from the top.
2. Your video will start playing on your TV.
Bonus: Cast Using Google Home app
You can also use YouTube on TV using YouTube App by casting the screen via the Google Home app. Here’s how to do it:
1. Install the Google Home app on your phone, launch it and tap on Get Started.
2. Choose an account and give Location permission.
3. Turn on the Personal Hotspot of your phone.
4. Connect your TV to the Phone’s Wi-Fi network to mirror.
5. Refresh the page, and choose your TV form other Cast Devices.
6. Finally, tap on Cast My Screen at the bottom.
7. Confirm it by clicking on Cast Screen at the popup.
8. Now, click on Start Now. To start capturing everything that’s displayed on your screen.
9. Now, your screen will be mirrored on your TV, and everything you do on your phone will be displayed on your TV.
So these are the ways by which you can use YouTube on your TV using the YouTube App. I hope you found this article helpful; if you did, make sure to like and share it. Check out other tips linked below, and stay tuned for more such amazing tech tips and tricks.
You might be interested in:
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphones & gadgets reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or for the latest review videos subscribe GadgetsToUse YouTube Channel.